University of California
Royal Electric was the electrical subcontractor on the design-assist construction of this new in-ground multi-purpose stadium with an infrastructure for future expansion. The project included extensive site work, stadium, lighting and building electrical for all of the support facilities including; press level, broadcast truck dock, camera ready locations throughout the stadium, locker and team facility rooms, VIP club lounge, and concession spaces.
- Installed sizable duct banks traversing the site through a system of vaults cut into a steep 20 ft. embankment.
- Included work on 500 & 750 KVA oil-filled site distribution transformers [12Kv to 480V], supplied power feeds, Emergency Generator system, Automatic Transfer Switches, Lift Pump Stations, and multiple power, lighting and control Panels.
- Coordinated the efforts of the Audio Visual, Voice/Data, and Fire Alarm contractors.
- Relocated conduit and duct systems feeding live operations
- Royal’s scope included all of the electrical work which was designed to sixty percent at the time of award. Royal spent considerable efforts working with the entire project team to identify design issues and coordinate the changes issued with the subsequent bid packages. This proactive response by Royal resulted in almost no rework or need for unsightly surface installations of our conduits after the fact. The relevance of this project in comparison to the current Travis SABER project is our installation of the site work, building electrical work and interconnection with existing system on a fully operational campus.
- Royal was also committed assisting in the final design layout to ensure that the customer’s end product met all of their expectations and needs