Travis Air Force Base
Royal Electric was the major subcontractor for this 5kV power line replacement project. Royal Electric was responsible for the replacement of an old 4160V distribution feeder with a new 12kV distribution feeder.
- Installation of 6 new 12kV padmount switchgear.
- Installation of 8 new transformers.
- Convert 4 transformers from 4160 to 12kV.
- Installation of 12kV feeder cable to service switchgear and transformers.
- Installation of 4 new building service feeders.
- Install 4,000 feet of new underground primary duct system.
This project was Phase 4 of a multiple phase project to convert the entire Base from 4160 to 12KV. There were item of work from previous Phase 3 and future Phase 5 that needed to be considered and integrated into our phase.